Gripes about EGL|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 19 most recent journal entries recorded in
Lolitas against Elitism's LiveJournal:
|Tuesday, October 21st, 2008|
|Saturday, October 18th, 2008|
Dude, get over it
How many times has it been established that people are GONNA react to loli.
It's not a mainstream fashion, and people (especially Americans) love to be loud rude assholes. (I myself am American, so know this fact quite well).
People point and stare. Get over it. You wear a dress patterned with parfaits and a pannier and everyone else is wearing jeans and Tshirts. Do you REALLY expect people NOT to react???
Enjoy it, don't hate it.http://community.livejournal.com/egl/12386814.html
Oh, also, L BLOCK RULES!
|Friday, October 17th, 2008|
|Wednesday, October 15th, 2008|
|Tuesday, August 26th, 2008|
I'm a newbie.
Actually I had a previous account, but I got in this bitch fight so I made a new account to start anew.
There's a particular user I want to kill.
|Tuesday, March 13th, 2007|
Anybody alive out there?
Just wondered how the Anti-Lolitists are doing out there in intarwebland.
Is there anyone that particularly needs to lost their bitch-card this month?
Share your rants, plz.
|Wednesday, June 28th, 2006|
A completely OT post because I own the community...
...and can therefore do whatever the F&*^#$ I want.
Napoleon was so sexy. Feast your eyes on my latest add to my icon arsenal.
A big salute for sexy 18th century men and Bastille day which happens in a few weeks.
|Monday, June 26th, 2006|
My grandma is a jerk.
Ok...my grandma is not an EGL elitist...but she really pissed me off today while I was wearing sweet loli (an occurence about as common as a solar eclipse). The conversation went something like this:
Me: Hi, grandma
Her: YOU LOOK 13. WHY ARE YOU DRESSED like that!
Me: Because it's fun?
Her: Well, you look like you're going to a costume party. Why don't you wear that nice black suit I bought you.
Me: ::rolls eyes.
Then I went into the dollar store to buy some scotch tape and 2 other shoppers and the cashier asked if I was in a play @_@
THIS IS WHY I DRESS GOTHIC LOLITA, BECAUSE PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE A SATANIC PIGGY KILLER AND ARE AFRAID TO TALK TO YOU...but if you're dressed like a little powder puff, people are more likely to laugh at you freely. Anybody else have issues with family members and lolita?
|Wednesday, June 7th, 2006|
|Thursday, June 1st, 2006|
EN FRANCAIS S'IL VOUS PLAIT
Okay,in today's EGL post about the M10M tour cancellation...a particular EGL member who previously posted a 1337ist post OMGWTF loli lifestyle a while back and got herself ripped a new one by most of the community...decided that she would post a bunch of French Tauntings (TM).
The tenor of her French comments included the following:
1. In a few years the EGL style will become so occidentalized that it will be merely a fusion with "emo" style.
2. Said happening above is something she apparently considers apocalyptic.
3. Oh and also, she posted this thing where her and her bf were basically ripping on Americans. EN FRANCAIS. HAW HAW HAW. She later apologized for it, but I think it was just to save her ass.
In conclusion, EW. This makes me rather ashamed to be somewhat of a francophone.
* This has officially made the EGL_leets_suck Hall of Fame.
|Saturday, May 27th, 2006|
Me n Tom
Okay...here is a crappy photobooth "multi-pose picture" of myself and the man largely responsible for all the shots of me that appear periodically. I am dressed casual lolita in piggytails and a bow that seems to flop to one side and also an Angelic Pretty ripoff top that I found at some thrift store.
|Wednesday, May 17th, 2006|
A apology to the community and other stuff
So, I will admit my shortcomings and say that I shouldn't have let my feelings of pissed-offedness at certain parties get the best of me. I began things on the right foot, but then shifted to the wrong one. No matter what side of a flame-war you are on, neither side is right. It ends here. I have deleted all the posts that insult a particular group at large and will no longer be posting them to the public. I still don't like them. My feelings on that haven't changed. But I could have dealt with it better. Even if someone provokes you in an infantile manner, it is better to not respond at all.
From here on out, I am choosing the moral high road.
I anticipate many fine posts in the future. However, they will be more abstract and names will be changed to protect the innocent. Or something.
|Saturday, May 13th, 2006|
triggered by that last post down there...
i maintain my theory. i got into lolita for the clothes. the dresses, the shoes, the hats, the bags, the socks, the parasols, the petticoats...NOT THE BEHAVE LIKE A VICTORIAN LADY TRAUMA SYNDROME
that they seem to think one must adhere to, in order to even be considered vaugely lolita.
newsflash guys, fashion=!lifestyle. you can dress lolita and not have to be a prim and proper lady. and you don't have to LIVE, EAT, BREATHE lolita in order to be one.
and don't pull the "but the REAL japanese lolitas do it" BS. as. uh. many japanese (not all, but many) lolitas are business women and schoolkids in college or high school, and CAN'T wear those clothes every day as they have real lives to attend to. gasp! GOD FORBID.
jeesus. shit, you can dress punk, or gothic, and not be a punk or a goth. doesn't mean you're a "poser", you just like the clothing. i simply can't understand the obsession with having to allow a fashion to overrule every aspect of your life. i mean, that must be a really, really shallow way to live... and not to sound like a counter-elitist, but that's kinda sad in its own right.
but if any of them ever heard me say that? I'd be flayed alive. yeeeey e.e Current Mood: feh.
|Friday, May 12th, 2006|
Retarded Quote #2 of the day
Quoted from a recent entry on EGL:
"Okay, I'm going to be kinda bitchy, and say that instead of being lazy and polluting my friends page, you could have, oh I dunno, CHECKED THE MEMORIES!
This was a dumb question, and I think you're hideously lazy."
YAOCH!Can we say teh UBER BITCHNESS? Seriously. If anyone said anything like that to me in real life, I'd bitch slap them. Or bodyslam them. WWF STYLE!
You know, if her time is really that crucial...WHY'D SHE TAKE THE TIME TO REPLY TO THIS ENTRY THAT APPARENLY RUINED HER ENTIRE LIFE???!!
Also, I don't think a mere 3-line entry is enough to be considered a "pollution to someone's friends list".
Anyone got a billy club?
|Wednesday, May 10th, 2006|
Personal Styles and pet peeves
So, I'm sure you guys have posted about your personal styles and the like on EGL or wherever before, but I'm curious about everybody's favorite brands/lack of favorite brands/hatred of all brands.
As for myself, I am primarily a goth loli by nature and by dress. Sweet makes me want to laugh at myself when I look in the mirror. Classic makes me feel like lawn furniture. Punk I can handle now and then, too. (I have a rather quiet love for Black Peace Now.) My favorite brands are Innocent World and Moi Meme Moitie, though holy GODZ I am too American to be able to fit into Moitie's stuff, so by default, this makes Innocent World my favorite WEARABLE brand.
I'll post pictures soon so you can see what I look like. For now, you'll have to content yourselves with the cartoon on my info page and leave the rest to imagination.
As for stylistic pet peeves, I have plenty.
1. Black and White loli scares me in general. It has an overwhelming tendency to look NOT GOOD. However, I have recently come to terms with this. Like anything else, it can be done well, and balance is thereby restored to the world.
2. I'm a clumsy oaf and I wear white blouses. Lemme see if I can name all the horrible things I've spilled on my white blouses. Umm...lipstick, coke, cheese fondue,foundation @_@ I'm sure there are more. However, thanks to helpful tips on the intarweb, I've learned the delicate art of stain removal. My secret to keeping my whites whitest is dabbing a tiny bit of denatured alcohol on the stain immediately, then scrubbing it with dishsoap and rinsing. It has yet to fail me. I swear by it!
3.Cat hairs. I have a cat that is my bestest fwend. However, she is also a hairy friend. Even when my clothes are nicely hung in a closet and the cat never comes into contact with it, by some mysterious method, I STILL get cat hairs on my clothes. Prevention is not an option. The lint roller is a must.
4. People who say lolis can't/shouldn't drink beer. The f(*#$#&$ck?! How about drinking it out of a champagne flute then? Or perhaps an empty chambord bottle. (I am a dork and I save my empty Chambord bottles :-P. One day I am planning on getting a stained glass kit from a craft store and making pretty flasks out of them.) Current Mood: cheerful
|Monday, May 8th, 2006|
Some reasons why EGL is conducive to retardery
1. EGL is largely a movement that has proliferated around the world as a "side effect" or after effect" of anime obsessions or general interest in Japanese culture. As such, I have noticed that the social tendencies of many Lolitas do coincide rather well with the Five Geek Social Fallacies. If you'd like to read up on these, here is a link for your perusal.http://sean.chittenden.org/humor/www.plausiblydeniable.com/opinion/gsf.html
2. EGL lifestyle focuses on opulence and a certain measure of decadance. This means lots of ostentatiousness, and often at least some form of intra-group tensions between people who can afford craploads of name brand clothes and others who have to make their own stuff or buy bargains.
3. EGL is GIRLY GIRLY GIRLY. And, it seems to bring out the worst feminine qualities, from what I have seen.
4. Most EGLs I have come in contact with fall into one of the following categories:
A. The Curmudgeon: Your basic schoolyard bully that has no tact and actually enjoys pissing people off.
B. The Hypocrite: Person who just started dressing EGL but acts as if she was born an authority on the subject.
C. The Silent by Deadly: Person who acts nice to your face but then privately laughs at you behind your back.
D. The Fearless Leader: Overconfident and generally deluded person that acts as a magnet for the above forces and does nothing to dispel them.